Friday, June 25, 2010

Gypsy skirt update and tips!

Yesterday I started and finished gathering the last tier of my clockwork gypsy skirt. TIP Divide each tier into sections before stitching the gathering stitches and break the gathering stitches at the division marks. This will make the gathering go a lot easier. Even if you don't divide it first, make sure that you do break the stitching occasionally or the gathering will be nearly impossible.

So then all I need to do to finish the skirt is stitch the last tier in place, sew the seam, hem and elastic. Not too bad. I work Monday so maybe I'll get it done on Tuesday and I can start on the costumes that I need to make the Misses Dashwood and Van Eycke.

I also sewed a button back on the blouse I wore yesterday, while I was wearing it. That was kind of interesting.

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment