Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Marcon

My dearest readers,

Marcon was a complete success. All of my costumes were finished on time and they were all a hit. The time traveler made a splash at the fashion show and the mystery costume - Queen Gorgo from 300 - was also greatly lauded at a party Saturday night. And Miss Dashwood looked simply fabulous in the bustle and bloomers that I made her.

The Time Traveler and the Conductrix, Saturday night, Steampunk Fashion Show (photo courtesy of Miss Dashwood)


Unfortunately, I haven't seen any photos of my Gorgo costume. Even more unfortunate, my beau was unable to wear his kilt because he lacked the proper belt for it. However I will state that he did look rather dashing in his Utilikilt.

Now for my future sewing plans -
1. Dresses for Miss Dashwood and Miss van Eycke
2. Some hemming for a couple law school friends
3. I may be doing some sewing for the Captain.
4. And my summer project - Mara Jade from Star Wars. I'm hoping to finish it by fall so I can apply for the 501st Legion. *fingers crossed*

Have a lovely day everyone!

Miss Leah J. Wilde

2 comments:

  1. glad everyone enjoyed the fashion show,I look forward to your new creations for new year. getting ready for next years dance(s)at Marcon46. Sew on!

    The Major

    ReplyDelete