Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hello dearest dear readers!

I finished my clockwork gypsy skirt and have been working on my retro 'walk away dress', which is coming along swimmingly. The retro dress has been trimmed in bias along all the bound edges and the hem of the underskirt has been pinned. Halfway through pinning the horsehair braid to the overskirt's hem, I ran out. I was rather distressed but unwilling to go out to the store for the second time in a day to get more. I shall have to fetch some later. I also sewed the snaps to the front closure, sewed decorative buttons over them and sewed a button and elastic loop to the underskirt so it can fasten behind my back. I'm rather pleased with my dress and cannot wait to complete it.

I've been thinking about my Pretty Peggy Pepper costume. Here's a (not very good) look at the costume:

I was thinking of this skirt, shorter of course -
And this blouse -
Thoughts? Then of course I need the hat and the sash...I'll probably forgo the boots (unless I decide to invest in a pair that could function for this and my Princess Leia dress, which is a good idea) and just wear my plain white parade gloves. Another idea is to just purchase a ready made red blouse which might be easier.

I wanted to make more progress this weekend on my sewing projects but c'est la vie. At least I finished one and got another mostly finished. All I need to do to my retro dress is hem it. Still have alterations to do and costumes to make for the Misses Dashwood and Van Eycke.

Bonne nuit mes amis!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment