So what's a seamstress to do?
Rewrite the to do list!
I'm pretty sure that what I actually end up sewing will be a mixture of the two, but c'est la vie! So in no particular order:
- I do still want to do Civil War, so first up are the undergarments! Corset, hoops, chemise, drawers, and petticoat.
- Then I'll tackle the clothes. Probably the cream plaid dress to start, then maybe a ballgown. Or maybe a Garibaldi blouse and skirt.
- Blue leggings that have been started.
- A winter dress with sleeves would be nice.
- A dress for my little cousin Briella. This should be fun!
- I should probably make myself an Easter dress. Maybe from the blue plaid I have in my stash. I was going to do something historical with it but...
- 1930s vest to match my 1930s Star Wars skirt. Probably a nice black cotton, with the Star Wars print as the collar and belt. Yellow lining, and yellow buttons. Or the reverse, yellow vest, black lining and buttons...
- I have a yard of a fancy gold fabric, I'm thinking a pencil skirt for SES. It doesn't quite match my airship uniform, but if I wore my black bustle apron...
- I really want a new denim skirt.
- I have leftover Harley Quinn fabric from another project (posting about that next!) so I'd like a skirt out of that as well. Maybe do another 1930s skirt and vest combo.
- I need to work on my quilting. I have two current projects and I'd also like to do some Civil War era blocks. I also have a quilt commission I should work on...
- Retro style swimsuit
- Winter coat
- 1940s blouse and trousers.
- New drindl blouse, I'll need that before Oktoberfest.