So here's what I've been up to:
I finished the aprons for my father and brother. Papa will wear his, my brother probably won't, sadly.
|Finished Clifford the Big Red Dog apron!|
As for my Regency underthings, I did purchase bust enhancers but they didn't fix the stays issue. They were too big, so I took them in (now they dig in on my ribs) and now they fit much better, and put things where they belong! I'm totally still using the enhancers for a little extra oomph though :) And it took a bit, but I finally just made myself finish the petticoat. I think it's too short, so I'm not 100% happy with it, but hopefully it'll look okay under the ballgown I'm working on.
|Finished Regency underthings - chemise, short stays and petticoat with straps. HSF Under It All challenge.|
Speaking of my ballgown...I took my measurements over the Regency undergarments, ironed the fabric (which sucked!) and got everything cut out the week before my friend visited from out of state. The past week has been working on it a little pretty much every day. Right now, the bodice is complete (except for the sleeve hems) and the skirts are put together (I cheated and finished the skirt seams by machine, I was out of patience for hand finishing), so tonight will be attaching the two together! Once the dress is finished, it'll be time to make a pattern for my open robe. I am definitely NOT cutting into my sari until I test out my ideas first!
|Ballgown ticket! I'm going to the ball!|
While I was still in the mood to not sew Regency things, I got the muslin for my airship corset cut out. I have an awesome idea, fingers crossed it all works out!
The 18th century stays along with the Regency underthings have been posted in the HSF sewing group, but as you see, I haven't gotten around to blogging about them yet. It's on my to do list, I promise!
|Finished 18th century stays - HSF Pink challenge|