Post Dragon-Con and in the midst of moving plans and with my beau constantly mentioning it, I have decided that the first order of business should be finishing his quilt.
If you follow faithfully, you will realize that I have been working on this quilt for a long time. The first post concerning it was made last December. Hmmm, I think less than a year turn around for quilt is more than sufficient, don't you?
The quilt top has been put together. The batting and backing were pinned together with the top. I started the quilting a while ago, I'm going with tie-quilting based on the size of the quilt. After this weekend, I am happy to say that the quilt is more than halfway quilted. A large rectangular portion is finished, there are a little over two rows to finish from that portion to the right edge of the quilt and then a lower portion across the entirety of the quilt that is four rows deep left to quilt.
After the quilting comes the binding. At least a portion of that will be done on the machine, if not all of it. I haven't decided on color yet, or if I'm going to use pre-made binding or make my own. I lean towards the latter (less expensive) but pre-made would look neater. Although I do have a friend that has a binding machine...Perhaps I should send her a letter...
I plan to start organizing and packing my sewing room this evening. I may also pull out a UFO or two to work on, we'll see.