Friday, September 18, 2015

Vacation Sewing Update

Well, I leave for vacation in a week.  Technically, we don't leave til Saturday morning but since my car will be loaded up on Friday to head to my parents' after work, I'm saying that I leave in a week.

I finished my hooded knit dress:






And the Burda dress (nicknamed "Flower Power") is almost done, I just need to do a little decorative stitching around the hem.

I changed a few things, I didn't gather the sleeves at all, just sewed the cuffs on. They also don't have cords and tassels, they're just plain cuffs.  And I changed the directions, because I didn't agree with how the sleeves were done.

So all that's left is the tiered peasant skirt to wear with a funky hippie top that I have.  It's started, just need to get it finished.  I might even be able to finish all that tonight, if not I can definitely do it tomorrow. 

In other words, I don't think that I'm doing too shabby on vacation preparations at the moment.  Finish those projects, do some laundry, pack, hit the grocery for a couple items...It'll be a busy weekend, but it's all totally doable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment