Monday, December 8, 2014

What Miss Wilde Wore at Teslacon

Friday during the day: Grey black and red ensemble with the wash overskirt I made for but didn't wear at Steamtopia. Photo by my friend Hanah.

Friday, Opening Ceremonies: Black purchased blouse, tied up black bustle underskirt and my airship corset. Photo by my friend Rachel. Also pictured: The villain of our tale, Dr. Proctocus. (who's sooo dreamy lol)

Another view, also by Rachel.

Saturday, during the day. Steampunk Harley Quinn.  Please note the new lace collar and lace on the sleeves.

Harley, with the red parasol that my best friend bought me as a present. :)
Saturday night, for the ball

Saturday night, another view

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
As you can see, rococopunk didn't happen. I wasn't happy with how it looked and it just wasn't worth the stress of trying to fix it days before leaving.  I also wore a lot of leggings with corsets for evening events.  Comfortable, cute and steam casual. And I never got my garrison hat or black bloomers made, c'est la vie, oui?

I enjoyed Teslacon.  I think it'd be fun to be more involved in the immersion if I go again.  I was a little disappointed in both the offered panels and in some of the presentations.  I'm not impressed if all you do is read from a paper while speaking.  I would go again, but next year is the weekend before Thanksgiving so I won't be able to. I refuse to take that much time off work that close together.

No comments:

Post a Comment