Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just a little progress and weekend sewing plans

First of all, while helping my fellow Archonite last evening, I finished my Persian hat! Huzzah!

Secondly, I packed the following projects in my sewing bag for the weekend (in order of likely sewing, depending on my mood): Miss Von Stoup's Asian inspired jacket, the Captain's last two alterations, and Miss Dashwood's utility bustle. I also packed the patterns and muslin I cut out a few days ago for my playsuit. I am very eager to start on that project.

I plan to use the bodice of the walkaway dress, altered to have side seams and a back zipper / front buttons, not really sure yet. I'll also use the skirt to go over the playsuit, it will definitely have buttons.



And I'm going to use the shorts from this out of print Simplicity pattern that I have in my stash.



Wish me luck! Oh how I love franken-patterning!

And now I'm off to work and then to Cincinnati!

A bientot my dear friends!

Miss Leah J Wilde

UPDATE - Tonight I: (1) sewed the zipper into Miss Dashwood's bustle (2) pinned the Captain's alterations, but I'm not really sure how one is going to work out... (3) cut out Miss Von Stoup's jacket and (4) worked on my playsuit pattern for a bit. Not too shabby for an evening's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment