As usual, my sewing plans from the end of last year haven't been going as ... planned. But I did make a lot of the regular clothes that I wanted to! I just haven't been feeling historical this year apparently.
Civil War sewing: I at least need to get the undergarments and the plaid day dress finished for the Symposium, which is at the beginning of April: UPDATE pretty much nothing has happened except finishing the hoop.
- Finish the undergarments, the corset chemise and drawers are done, just have the hoop and petticoat to go UPDATE June: Hoop is finished.
- Cream plaid day dress
- Plaid ballgown (maybe)
- Garibaldi blouse and skirt.
Other Eras / Steampunk UPDATE June : absolutely no progress on any of these
- The green and blue sari bustle gown that I started for Teslacon 2014 - Symposium?
- Finish gold pencil skirt - DONE
- Edwardian undergarments in black and cream
Regular clothes: UPDATE June This is apparently my thing this year!
- Jeans (priority) UPDATE June: DONE
- Pajamas for my cousins kids (priority) UPDATE June: DONE
- Shirt for my brother - before his birthday in February UPDATE June: It's started!
- Gifts for BayMella
- New blouse to wear with my drindl.
- 1930s vests Update JUNE: made one
- 1970s denim skirt UPDATE June: DONE
- 1940s blouse and trousers.
- Cinderella dress - Easter dress? UPDATE June: DONE
- Star wars dress UPDATE June: DONE
- Work out clothes. UPDATE June: I have made some, but should totally make more.
- Another scrub top for my mom. UPDATE June: DONE (several times!)
- 1930s dress. UPDATE June: in progress
- knit dress
- Slips UPDATE June: DONE (one at least!)
- Wrap sweater - by spring UPDATE June: DONE
- T shirts and leggings for my little cousin (priority) UPDATE June: DONE
- T shirts for myself (priority since they're already cut out) UPDATE June: DONE
Quilting: UPDATE June -- worked on the charm quilt (at least cutting out squares) and started cutting out pieces for the Civil War quilt as a present for my parents
- A quilt commission for a friend
- Work on my charm quilt
- I'd also like to start doing some piecing for a Civil War quilt
Fabric I have that I should do something with: UPDATE June -- haven't touched any of this
- Plaid taffeta (maybe Civil War ballgown)
- Pink on pink stripe
- Green on white and white on white stripe
- McCalls 7153: 1930s dress in Tardis fabric UPDATE June: Almost DONE
- Simplicity 0311: a knit dress pattern that I couldn't resist UPDATE June: haven't touched
- Burda 6964: slips because I'm convinced that I can make them cheaper than I can buy them UPDATE June: DONE It was superduper easy and only took like a yard of fabric plus some foldover elastic. Haven't worn it yet though.
- Civil War outfit: the pattern I posted on Instagram was Truly Victorian's 1860s Darted Bodice, but I'm in the midst of creating the entire ensemble from the skin out. UPDATE June: Hoop is done, but nothing else
- Butterick 6295: more workout clothes, I'm in love with this pattern because the pants have a pocket! UPDATE June: Haven't touched
- Burda 6874: my brother has requested a button up shirt for his birthday UPDATE June: in progress. The plan is to have it ready for him to try on on Father's Day
- BurdaStyle knickerbockers I just really love this pattern, it's been on my list for while, I just have no clue what to make them out of or what to wear it with UPDATE June: Haven't touched (I've been unable to find fabric I like)
- BurdaStyle 1970s-esque denim trousers: I made a pair already this year and I LOVE them. I need more. The pair I made were in stretch denim, I'm thinking maybe some corduroy... UPDATE June: Still haven't made another pair but I really should because I STILL love them
- BurdaStyle wrap cardigan This is in progress, in a lightweight navy slightly slubbed knit UPDATE June: DONE